Questions & Answers for AirPort Time Capsule - 2TB
577 Questions from the Community
Can I use time capsule for photo storage right to photos program instead of paying for icloud monthly. We have a lot of photos, don't fill computer
- Asked by Greg F from Solana Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use time capsule for photo storage right to photos program instead of paying for icloud monthly. We have a lot of photos, don't fill computer)
No answers yet
Has anyone been able to get an Actiontec MoCa adapter (ECB2500C) to work with this product? It is the adapter that TiVo sells.
- Asked by Roy L from Westport
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone been able to get an Actiontec MoCa adapter (ECB2500C) to work with this product? It is the adapter that TiVo sells.)
No answers yet
Can the AirPort Time Capsule be used to create a WLAN network by connecting it to my main router?
I have a Cisco RV042 Dual-WAN router which has only ethernet ports for LAN connections. I am planning to buy a AirPort Time Capsule.
Can I connect the Cisco RV042's LAN port to AirPort's WAN port and still let the RV042 to do load balancing simultaneously as AirPort provides internet connection to LAN through Wi-Fi. If yes, How can it be done?Answer
On the internet tab, select bridge mode, and that will turn off DHCP server, and cause it to "get an address" via DHCP or manual depending on your desires. It will then appear on your network and all Apple devices will be able to find it.
- Answered by Gregg W from Tulsa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the AirPort Time Capsule be used to create a WLAN network by connecting it to my main router?)
Sure it does. Please check the link apple.com slash airport
- Answered by Dmitry K from Moscow
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does this newest model still support guest network?)
How can I delete past backups to make more room for new backups. Can I delete all past backups?
I have a13" Mac Pro 2012 late fall model.I keep getting not enough space to complete backup.
When entering TIME CAPSULE, I am given option to choose 1 of 2 disks.
- Asked by Sheila H from Winnipeg
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I delete past backups to make more room for new backups. Can I delete all past backups?)
Will it work with windows 7 and samsung
- Asked by Brian H from Keighley
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with windows 7 and samsung)
Does an external hard drive plugged into the AirPort Time Capsule shut off when not being accessed?
I would like to plug a 2 drive RAID enclosure into the USB port on the back of the Airport Time Capsule. I use the Time Capsule hard drive for backup, but would like a 2 drive RAID enclosure so I can store files shared by the computers on my network. In the past I have had external drives plugged into my desktop macs, and when the computer turns of the hard drive also turns off. I am curious because the router is always on, if no computers on the network are actively asking the drive I wonder if it goes into a sleep mode. I would like to leave the drive on at all times which is why I am asking about this.
- Asked by Galen H from New York
- Flag as inappropriate (Does an external hard drive plugged into the AirPort Time Capsule shut off when not being accessed?)
I have an older dual band wireless N airport extreme and it does spin down the single USB drive I have connected when it's not in use, so I would assume that the newer airports and time capsules would do the same.
That being said, depending on the RAID controller in the enclosure this auto spin down maybe overwritten or ignored by the raid controller.
Note: you will need it to be a hardware RAID, you cannot build a software raid on your computer and then reattach the drives to the airport/time capsule. It doesn't work, I tried.
- Answered by Austin P from Medford
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does an external hard drive plugged into the AirPort Time Capsule shut off when not being accessed?)
I would like to use two time capsules as wireless hard drives only. Can I transfer the same data to two time capsules at the same time? (Raid System)?
No answers yet
Will time capsule back up an external drive connected to my mac?
- Asked by Michael L from Edmond
- Flag as inappropriate (Will time capsule back up an external drive connected to my mac?)
Multiple WAN addresses
My ISP allowed me a /30 subnet, so I can use multiple static IPs.
Is it possible to configure the WAN interface on this Airport capsule with multiple IP adresses ?
- Asked by Thierry M from Longueuill
- Flag as inappropriate (Multiple WAN addresses)
Can Time Capusle limit internet data usage and speed on connected devices?
I have a 4th-gen Time Capusle bought in 2012. I set up a guest network for visiting friends & families. But sometimes kids will watch videos on their iPad/iPhone all day long, eating up my data allowance and slowing down network speed.
Is there a way I can limit data usage and speed (say, 1GB per day at no faster than 5Mbps download) on Time Capsule's connected devices?
- Asked by Tony C from Santee
- Flag as inappropriate (Can Time Capusle limit internet data usage and speed on connected devices?)
You must use the power cord that came with the Airport and plug it into an appropriate electrical outlet, It does not work off USB. The USB port is only for use with an external hard drive or printer.
- Answered by Charles M from Waxhaw
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Do you have to have the airport pluged in to a power supply or does it work off usb?)
can the APTC router work with usb hardwired printers on a wifi and the mini iPad
- Asked by Michael S from Windermere
- Flag as inappropriate (can the APTC router work with usb hardwired printers on a wifi and the mini iPad)
I got the Airport capsule in the US, but plan to use it in the Philippines. Now the capsule says its 110-240V, but the cord only says 125V. Help pls..Answer
You need to get a power rated power cord for your location. The apple store sells a kit that includes a power cord, this would be according to your location. Do not use a power adapter, that your be asking for trouble and a fire risk.
We have wireless net from our phone company & want to keep it so could I use Time Capsule only as a backup for my macbook by connecting them ?
I would like to use it as an external hard drive rather than as a router .
- Asked by Wanda W from Revelstoke
- Flag as inappropriate (We have wireless net from our phone company & want to keep it so could I use Time Capsule only as a backup for my macbook by connecting them ?)
Yes. I have an old airport extreme with a usb port and 3 HD and my printer connect through a hub. Works perfect. Can't see any reason the new TC wouldn't do the same. I'm getting one just deciding between the 2TB or 3TB.
- Answered by Gordon B from Kingston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I connect more than one external disk through the USB port?)
Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?
I want to backup 4 devices on a home wifi network with an Airport Time Capsule (ATC):
iPad I (iOS 5.1.1)
iMac (OS 10.5.8, connected via ethernet cable to Airport Extreme.
MBA (OS 10.8.4)
The iMac is backed up by 2 external hard drives, a 1 TB OWC Mercury Elite that has only TimeMachine backup of the iMac, and a 250 GB Mercury Elite that is the storage for the iPhoto library on the iMac and for some other photo backups.
Questions. 1. Can I backup the iMac, which has most data, via the ethernet cable to ATC instead of via wifi? 2. Can I transfer or move the 1TB that Time Machine has backed up on the external hard to ATC? 3. Can I manually transfer data, for example the iPhoto Library or other photo back up from the 250GB external to the Airport Time Capsule?
thanks for help,
- Asked by Armando M from Wilson
- Flag as inappropriate (Transferring existing external backup hard drives to Airport Time Capsule?)