Questions & Answers for USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
184 Questions from the Community
Currently, you can't. Which is sort of weird. My wife uses the Apple 27" LED cinema display (the one with a mini display port connection, not the Thunderbolt version) with a 11" macbook air and it works great - she needs the large screen for working at home, but also the lightness and portability of the small laptop for on-the-go use. We were hoping to upgrade to the new 12" macbook. It's a great machine (road tested one at the Apple Store in SoHo) in almost every respect...even lighter than her 11" Air, bigger screen, sufficiently powerful. But until she can connect it to her 27" display, no sale. Hopefully Apple or someone else releases an adapter soon (USB C to Mini display port). Far as I know there's no technical reason why such an adaptor couldn't be produced.
- Answered by Euan R from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I connect a cinema display to the new macbook?)
External CD/DVD Drive not working with Multiport Adaptor
I recently bought an external CD drive. It works great on other computers, but due to the multiport adaptor it does not seem to have enough power. How do I connect it? Is there another connecter I need to buy?
- Asked by Kathleen M from Orlando
- Flag as inappropriate (External CD/DVD Drive not working with Multiport Adaptor)
Does the USB-C port on this adapter also support peripherals and other adapters (like the USB-C to USB cable), or is it for charging only?
- Asked by Lun E from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB-C port on this adapter also support peripherals and other adapters (like the USB-C to USB cable), or is it for charging only?)