Questions & Answers for Apple Pencil
350 Questions from the Community
Can I buy a cover for my I pad pencil
- Asked by Barry B
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I buy a cover for my I pad pencil)
Yes under summer accessories and cases
- Answered by John K from Hollywood
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I buy a cover for my I pad pencil)
what is the difference between apple pencil model MK0C2AM/A and MK0C2ZM/A and do both work on iPadPro 9.7
I am try to find out the difference, if any, of these two models of the pencils sold on various websites. Amazon sells one model, Best Buy sells another, and Apple Store does not even state what model they sell.
- Asked by Barbara L from Sherman Oaks
- Flag as inappropriate (what is the difference between apple pencil model MK0C2AM/A and MK0C2ZM/A and do both work on iPadPro 9.7)
The iPad pencil page shows compatibility for use with Word and Excel. Can it be used to move around docs like a mouse whilst using the iPad keyboard?
No answers yet
Will u let Apple Pencil work on any iPad on the future?
- Asked by Talia A from Jeddah
- Flag as inappropriate (Will u let Apple Pencil work on any iPad on the future?)
Apple says in their reviews that there are built in apps for the pencil. I can't find any built in apps and the apps store apps there is not much.
- Asked by Katherine K from Invermere
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple says in their reviews that there are built in apps for the pencil. I can't find any built in apps and the apps store apps there is not much.)
I guess I'm late, but there are Notes that use the Pencil. And those are build in.
Paper53 if free and many other apps...
What apps does the pencil work with for drawing?
- Asked by Karen S from Encino
- Flag as inappropriate (What apps does the pencil work with for drawing?)
I use Procreate as well as Paper by 53 on my iPad Pro 9.7. Procreate costs $5.99US and Paper by 53 is free. Both work fantastic with the Apple Pencil.
- Answered by Linda A from North Pole
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What apps does the pencil work with for drawing?)
Can I use this pencil no my IPad mini 2?
- Asked by Mariangel C
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this pencil no my IPad mini 2?)
- Answered by Sandra S from Surprise
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can I use this pencil no my IPad mini 2?)
How can I used the pen with iPad pro
- Asked by Gerges G from Staten Island
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I used the pen with iPad pro)
Pull the back of the pencil off to find the connector. Plug the connector into the bottom of the iPad Pro (lightening connector). The iPad screen will ask if you want to match the pencil (Bluetooth) with the iPad Pro. Agree to that. According to the instructions from Apple instructions online, it takes only 15 seconds in that connection to charge up the pencil for 30 minutes of use. Apple says you can also charge the USB with a standard USB - lightening connection cable. What I don't know is how long it is safe to charge the pencil using this second system, but I do know that it works beautifully with the first system, too.
- Answered by Philip R from Roma
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (How can I used the pen with iPad pro)
When charging the pencil, is it best to plug in to the IPad (easiest), or is their a benefit I'm not seeing of going through the adapter Thank you.Answer
It's the same, really. The only thing I can think of is 1 or 2% of battery life being used out of the iPad for a full charge. I almost always use my iPad because it's more convenient, though.
- Answered by Avery C from New Haven
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (When charging the pencil, is it best to plug in to the IPad (easiest), or is their a benefit I'm not seeing of going through the adapter Thank you.)
They didn't announce a new one. You can use the current one with the new iPad Pro 10.5 inch.
- Answered by Fayaz K from North York
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is there a new pencil for the new iPad pro 10.5 announced yesterday, or is the one advertised on the website the latest?)
Doesn't it scratch Ipad display?
Hey guys! I had windows tablet with wacom pencil that scratched my gorilla glass :(, also i know some guys who had same problems with ipad and some different (not apple's) pencils. These pencils have hard scratchy "stick" inside the rubber tip, so when this rubber is worn out (in very inpredictable moment) this hard stick scratch the display. Doesn't your apple pencil has such hard part inside the tio? Does it scratch your ipad? I really care about my ipad diplay and don't want to ruin it... Will be appreciate for any feedback.
- Asked by Misoa M from Mykolaiv
- Flag as inappropriate (Doesn't it scratch Ipad display?)
I have not had any visible scratches on my iPad. I use the pencil everyday for writing notes in my college classes and I have not had any scratches. So no it does not leave scratches. There is a hard sensor under the tip but the tips that cover it do not wear down that much and you can replace the tips when you feel that it is needed. When I bought my iPad the guy helping me said that getting scratches on the display is hard because of the strength of the glass. Knock on wood I haven't had any scratches on my iPad Pro 9.7".
- Answered by Matthew B from Elizabethtown
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Doesn't it scratch Ipad display?)
can you highlight words with the apple pencil?
- Asked by Jonathan H from Brooklyn
- Flag as inappropriate (can you highlight words with the apple pencil?)
I have a screen protector and the pencil works
- Answered by Rose P from Cincinnati
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Will a screen protector interfere with the pencil's ability to successfully write on the surface of the IPad?)
No, only the Pro versions of the iPad.
- Answered by Caroline G from Lancaster
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Could the Apple Pencil for iPad Pro work with the iPad mini 4 or iPad Air?)
Yes the Apple Pencil only works with the iPad Pro 12.9 and 9.7 inch
- Answered by Brian R from Justice
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does the Apple Pencil only work with the iPad Pro? Or can it be used on different devices?)
Can the Apple Pencil be used for the iPad Air 2? If Yes, Can it be used with an AutoCAD application? Thank you.
As a suggestion, the use of these kind of devices would improve productivity in cad and graphic design fields. I have been using AutoCAD and I can see the future need of these devices to their full potential.
Another suggestion for the Apple Engineering Team is to design applications very similar with the counterpart used on a Mac or PC, or support 3rd party designers in doing so. The next step would be allowing users that already paid for their Mac or PC software to download the correspondent application for free or a reasonable price. This would stimulate program software and application sales.
Thank you for taking the time in answering my question and reading my suggestions.
Jose N. Lopez
- Asked by J N L from Anaheim
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Apple Pencil be used for the iPad Air 2? If Yes, Can it be used with an AutoCAD application? Thank you.)
The apple pencil can't be used for the iPad Air 2. The apple pencil is supported only for the iPad Pro models. I have an iPad air 2 and I know it is disappointing but you can get a jet stylus which is very good. They don't have palm detection so if you use a program which doesn't have palm detection you are out of luck. Also, your suggestions are really nice and although I would really want to see that happening there is a basic problem; the philosophy behind the iPad was to be a small truck (as Steve Jobs said). It wasn't suppose to compete with the computer as the iPad was designed to do the easiest tasks and the computer to do the most difficult ones. Someone can argue that time has changed and with the release of the iPad Pro, the gap between computers and iPads is closing in. Apple is staring to take that direction and if one day that happens I will be surely a happy man.
Does Apple Pencil work on an iPhone 6S Plus?
- Asked by Ranjit P from Torrance
- Flag as inappropriate (Does Apple Pencil work on an iPhone 6S Plus?)