Questions & Answers for Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
165 Questions from the Community
Hi, I'm looking for a cable that able to read and transfer for PDF format for instant excel and word. Which type of cable do you recommend? Thanks
No answers yet
Can this charge an iPad/iPhone while having a USB3 device connected?
Can you simultaneously charge the iPad or iPhone through the Lightning connector while using the USB3 connector for external devices?
- Asked by Sc W
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this charge an iPad/iPhone while having a USB3 device connected?)
How do you power this up to use a wired ethernet connection? Is there a hidden socket around the back?
Hardwiring an iPad to a network and then being able to power the iPad and use video out with a predictable video resolution would finally make this into a useful bit of kit. iPads are being used to interact with the public but they are a pain in the bum when it comes to keeping them charged and connected to a network, especially when they are also video mirroring.
Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?
I would like to know if the USB 3 port is powered, and if so how many watts of power it provides.
- Asked by Anish B from Girraween
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to charge my iPhone from an iPad Pro 12.9inch?)
It doesn't seem to work currently. I bought the adapter and have been using it with my camera without any issues, but hard drives do not seem to work. I have the adapter powered and have tried both flash drives and hard drives. The camera app opens but there is no functionality to view the drives content. I also tried file explorer apps from the App Store, but none recognise the drive.
- Answered by Matthew C from Visalia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can the Lighting to USB 3 Camera Adapter be used to power an external hard drive - when powered?)
Ethernet option for iPad 4?
The description suggests this adapter is compatible with a USB Ethernet adapter once it is powered by a lightning to USB power supply. Would that work with the iPad4 (Retina) as well?
- Asked by Alan D from Nelson
- Flag as inappropriate (Ethernet option for iPad 4?)
iPad with Retina display
iPad mini 2
iPad Air 2
iPad mini 3
iPad mini 4
iPad Pro (9.7-inch)
iPad Pro (12.9-inch)
I have it working on a iPad mini 2 with a Anker USB to Ethernet adapter.
- Answered by Gregory M from Pisek
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Ethernet option for iPad 4?)
You can use USB drives to import photos as long as the folder and the files are named similar to the camera (DCIM and IMG0001.JPG)
- Answered by Sathees Kumar B
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Can lightning to usb3 camera adapter be use to transfer pictures from another portable storage or only camera)
Will it work with a USB hard drive hooked up to it (iPad Pro 12.9)
- Asked by Shannon G from Robbinsdale
- Flag as inappropriate (Will it work with a USB hard drive hooked up to it (iPad Pro 12.9))
Can i use external hard drive ?
- Asked by Tae Y K from Fort Lee
- Flag as inappropriate (Can i use external hard drive ?)
Can I use this to connect an external hard rive to my iPad Pro?
Would this allow me to plug in an external hard drive (500GB-2TB) to my iPad Pro 12"? I travel a lot and would love to be able to watch my backed up movies and tv shows from my external hard drive on my iPad Pro, with the previous gen it kept saying it was drawing to much power from the iPad. Have they fixed that issue with this new version?
- Asked by Ross L from Anchorage
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this to connect an external hard rive to my iPad Pro?)
Does it charge the ipad while you have peripherals connected? Will it send power to peripherals like a small class compliant midi controller? Thx.Answer
It does charge the iPad and power USB peripherals at the same time. As long as you use an iPad power adapter (12 watt) or Macbook USB-C with the USB-C to lightning cable you should be able to do both at the same time. As far as I can tell, the adapter prioritises powering USB peripherals over charging your iOS device, so if your USB peripherals use a lot of power, it may not charge your iPad as quickly as it normally would.
- Answered by Dillon A from Cumberland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Does it charge the ipad while you have peripherals connected? Will it send power to peripherals like a small class compliant midi controller? Thx.)
Can I use this device to copy files from my iCloud drive to another device attached to the USB port?
e.g. I store GPX route files for navigation on my iCloud drive and want to be able to copy them to my Garmin cycle computer using iPad. currently I need a laptop to do this