Questions & Answers for EarPods with Lightning Connector
71 Questions from the Community
Do they have balance control?
- Asked by Daniel O from Moscow
- Flag as inappropriate (Do they have balance control?)
What changes with lightning connector? I mean, is it better than the normal jack for any reasons? Or it is exactly the same thing?
Jack vs lightning
No answers yet
The audio signal through the lightning port will be digital not analog like the old 3.5mm jack's analog stereo signal. This should result in enhanced sound quality. However, not many people can hear a significant difference through Apple's lightning headphones.
It would be like connecting an iPhone to an external digital amplifier via the lightning port; Digital to digital suffers no sound depreciation unlike an analogue signal through a stereo jack. The sound quality of the digital signal is then determined by the quality of the amplification, speakers or headphones, not the signal itself.
- Answered by Mikey K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (Is EarPods with Lightning Connector are still analogue or digital headphones?)
Will these work with the new Late 2016 Macbook Pro? I obviously don't wanna b carrying around 2 earpods or adapters.
Macbook Pro 2016
- Asked by Christie L from Toronto
- Flag as inappropriate (Will these work with the new Late 2016 Macbook Pro? I obviously don't wanna b carrying around 2 earpods or adapters.)
If I have an iPhone 6S with a 3.5mm headphone plug is there any advantage (i.e. sound quality) to using the lightning connector?
- Asked by Bryan P from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate (If I have an iPhone 6S with a 3.5mm headphone plug is there any advantage (i.e. sound quality) to using the lightning connector?)
The previous model of EarPods have a 3.5mm Headphone Jack adapter for use with devices equipped with a headphone jack. The EarPods with Lightning Connector are only compatible with Lightning Port equipped devices.
- Answered by Josue S from Mcallen
- Flag as inappropriate Answer (What's the difference between the earpods with lightning connector and the normal earpods?)
is the Lightning connector have the same dimensions as the charger dimensions?
My case really limits the Chargers used the only charger that I have seen work is the apple charger, so would the connector on the EarPods be the same size as the charger or bigger?
- Asked by Zach L from Madison
- Flag as inappropriate (is the Lightning connector have the same dimensions as the charger dimensions?)
How can these Lightning EarPods be used with my new MacBook? Is there an adapter for it, so I don't need to carry an extra set of earbuds?
I only want to carry one set of earbuds when I travel with my iPhone 7 and new Retina MacBook. Is there an adapter that allows me to use my new Lightning EarPods on the MacBook? Or do I have to carry two sets of earbuds now?
- Asked by Blueberry L from Toluca Lake
- Flag as inappropriate (How can these Lightning EarPods be used with my new MacBook? Is there an adapter for it, so I don't need to carry an extra set of earbuds?)
Please let us know as soon as you find one. As of today (October 14th 2016), I cannot find any lightning to MALE 3.5 jack adapter. It would be nice to use my earpods with my MacBook Pro... I can't even think why this does not exist yet.