AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac
AppleCare Protection Plan for iMac
Every Mac comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary technical support. Extend your coverage to three years from your Mac original purchase date with the AppleCare Protection Plan. You get direct, one-stop access to Apple’s award-winning telephone technical support for questions about your Mac, macOS, and Apple-branded applications such as Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and more. You can even get local repair service when you visit other countries around the world (1).
How to get AppleCare Protection Plan
Add it to your bag during the checkout process when you purchase your new Mac.
Or buy it while your Mac is still within 12 months of its original purchase date. Your Mac purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:
- By contacting Apple (please have your Mac serial number ready for registration)
One stop for technical support
Because Apple designs the computer, the operating system and many applications, Mac is a truly integrated system. And only the AppleCare Protection Plan gives you one-stop service and support from Apple experts, so most issues can be resolved in a single call.
- Priority access to Apple experts
- Global repair coverage (1)
- Onsite repair for desktop computers: Request that a technician come to your work site (3)
- Carry-in repair (3): Take your Mac to an Apple Authorized Service provider
Apple hardware coverage
The AppleCare Protection Plan provides global repair coverage, both parts and labor, from Apple-authorized technicians around the world. Coverage includes the following:
- Your Mac computer
- Battery (1)
- Included accessories such as the power adapter
- Apple memory (RAM)
- AirPort (4)
- Apple USB SuperDrive
Software support included
Whether you’re sitting in the comfort of your home or office or on the go, you can get direct access to Apple experts for questions on a wide range of topics, including:
- Using macOS and iCloud
- Quick how-to questions about Apple-branded apps, such as Photos, iMovie, GarageBand, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, and Pro apps, such as Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, and more
- Connecting to printers and AirPort networks
The AppleCare Protection Plan can be purchased only while your Mac is still covered under the standard one-year limited warranty. Purchase of the plan is not required to purchase the covered equipment. See AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions for complete product details.
For Mac computers running macOS Server, the plan covers server administration and network management issues using the graphical user interface of macOS Server. For advanced server operations and integration issues, purchase AppleCare OS Support.
- (1) Service coverage is available only for Mac and its original included accessories for protection against (i) defects in materials or workmanship and (ii) batteries that retain less than 80% of their original capacity.
- (2) Local telephone fees may apply. Telephone numbers and hours of operation may vary and are subject to change.
- (3) Availability of each option depends on the country in which the service is requested and the location of the Apple Authorized Service Provider. Apple may also request that the customer replace components with readily installable.
- (4) AirPort device must be purchased up to two years before your Mac purchase or during the term of your AppleCare Protection Plan coverage.
AppleCare Protection Plan benefits are in addition to any legal rights provided by consumer protection laws in your jurisdiction. For complete details, see term at www.apple.com/legal/sales-support/applecare/appgeos.html.