can I use an HDMI to DVI cable
I have an older SONY HDTV (1080i) that has a DVI connection in the back, not HDMI. I use the 3 cable set up for DVDs. Can my HDMI to DVI cable be used with the Apple TV?
- Asked by Larry F from Frederick
- Flag as inappropriate (can I use an HDMI to DVI cable)
- Asked about: Apple HDMI-to-HDMI Cable 1.8m
1 Answer from the Community
HDMI carries sound and video, while DVI only carries video. If you used an HDMI to DVI cable, you would not have sound.
- Answered by Robyn M from Raleigh
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
optical cable and HDMI at the same time?
- Asked by Lazaro D from Miami
- 07 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (optical cable and HDMI at the same time?)
No answers yet
I have old Pioneer Plasma tv with no HDMI slot but my cable box has HDMI slot. Will Apple TV work on my plasma if connected to cable box HDMI slot?