Can I pair HomePod with Apple TV?
So I currently have this set-up..
Third party projector connected to my apple tv. and the apple tv connected to my airpods.
So im just wondering if I can have homepod pair with apple tv.
and if I can actually operate my apple tv via homepod using it's voice control.
- Asked by fn from Sharjah
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I pair HomePod with Apple TV?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes! It works great with an Apple TV (I use it on my 4th gen). This is excellent for watching movies, esp. and for playing your music library and/or music on your computer if iTunes sharing is turned on. Plays Pandora if you have that app as well- all of your audio-out needs.
It doesn't stay active with the Apple TV if you use it for other things, but it is really easy to access your audio settings and re-select it with needed, similar to an iPhone or iPad. It, unfortunately, doesn't work as a general TV speaker- only ATV.
I don't think you can control anything besides volume by voice through the HomePod-conneccted ATV. But the Siri remote is just as easy, really.
- Answered by Michael M from Atlanta
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will 2 paired HomePods meet Dolby Atmos standards with Apple TV 4K?
- Asked by Matthew W
- 09 18, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will 2 paired HomePods meet Dolby Atmos standards with Apple TV 4K?)
- Asked about: Apple TV
Can I use a homepod, or a pair, in place of a soundbar, or as a subwoofer for Sonos or other soundbar? Will it play stereo audio from my tv?
- Asked by K. David C from Mission Viejo
- 03 27, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a homepod, or a pair, in place of a soundbar, or as a subwoofer for Sonos or other soundbar? Will it play stereo audio from my tv?)