Homepod can you use your macbook to play songs from your collection to the homepod
2 Answers from the Community
I WAS able to play music on my iMac to the Homepod. I could select the computer and the HomePod in the living room and it worked. But I could not ask the HomePod (Siri) to play music from the computer, that did not work. Playing from the computer was good.
With this first update to Airplay 2, this functionally stopped. I cannot play music from the computer to the HomePod. If I try and play music just to the HomePod, iTunes is DEMANDING that I "Sign in to Apple Music to add items to the queue."
Apple REALLY did not test this. It's Broken.
Basic Answer: NO, not any more...
- Answered by Robert T J from Edmond
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can play music from your Mac/iTunes to HomePod. AirPlay 2 did not break this, although it has made startup slower and less reliable.
I'm playing music from my Mac/iTunes to two AirPort Express using and one HomePod. Works fine [once iTunes is able to connect].
- Answered by Peter L from Rockville
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I use a homepod, or a pair, in place of a soundbar, or as a subwoofer for Sonos or other soundbar? Will it play stereo audio from my tv?
- Asked by K. David C from Mission Viejo
- 03 27, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a homepod, or a pair, in place of a soundbar, or as a subwoofer for Sonos or other soundbar? Will it play stereo audio from my tv?)