If there is no wifi or cell coverage or Siri access, will the HomePod be able to be used as a normal playback speaker
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, however, remeber there is no AUX input, you will have to use bluetooth.(Bluetooth can be accessed on aeroplane mode).
- Answered by Royston P from Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, there needs to be a Wi-Fi connection that the HomePod will use. If there is no Wi-Fi you will be unable to use Siri, AirPlay, and any of the features the HomePod has to offer.
- Answered by Jake C from Irmo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can you disable Siri and still use the HomePod for everything else?
- Asked by Tony M from Fayetteville
- 11 24, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Can you disable Siri and still use the HomePod for everything else?)