Can the AC Plug section be used on other power adapters?
I bought a MacBook Air while i was in the United States. The AC Plug section is the standard two pin american version. Is it possible for me purchase this adapter and substitute the ac plug on this (3 Pin UK) to the adapter for my MacBook Air?
- Asked by Glenn M from Belfast
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the AC Plug section be used on other power adapters?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
1 Answer from the Community
Yes. Every Apple power adapter is designed around the removeable "AC Plug section", called by them "duck's head". You can buy the "World Travel Adapter kit." Just hit enter to search. The rating of 110-240AC on ALL of the power adapter means that you can use them everywhere, with a swap of the "duck's head".
- Answered by Xavier J from Kansas City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can the 29W USB Power adapter be used in place of the 10W USB power adapter to charger my 3rd gen. iPad?
- Asked by Katie A from Locust
- 01 7, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the 29W USB Power adapter be used in place of the 10W USB power adapter to charger my 3rd gen. iPad?)
- Asked about: 29W USB‑C Power Adapter