Has anyone had issues streaming video from an iPhone through a projector?
Screen mirroring with my LED projector works fine with internal videos and YouTube, but when using any other streaming video app (Netflix, HBO Go, CW, etc.) the iPhone (8+) screen goes dark & I only get audio. All apps as well as the phone's iOS are the latest versions. I'm using the lightning/USB cable to connect to the projector; is that the problem (e.g. should I be using a lightning/VGA or /HDMI)?
- Asked by fn from Milwaukee
- Flag as inappropriate (Has anyone had issues streaming video from an iPhone through a projector?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
3 Answers from the Community
This is the setup up I use and when it fails to start the mirror I've found that it works to turn the projector on and then start the stream on you phone and once both are on to plug adapter in as last step. Seems to work everytime. Hope this is helpful
- Answered by Austin B from Emmitsburg
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You need to get the VGA/HDMI adapter to Lightning.
- Answered by Joao T
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I used it with an 12.9” iPad Pro 2 and an HDMI lcd pocket projector.
No issues, worked fine. Will try an older iPhone 5S and get back to you.
- Answered by Mike L from Wasaga Beach
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I connect my Epson EX3200 projector via usb with type b outlet to my iPhone and iPad to show movies and videos? Is there a cord available?
- Asked by Susan M from Winter Springs
- 09 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I connect my Epson EX3200 projector via usb with type b outlet to my iPhone and iPad to show movies and videos? Is there a cord available?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable