I'm going to buy a dvd player to use with my new iMac. Can I use it with my iPad mini too?
- Asked by Paula R from London
- Flag as inappropriate (I'm going to buy a dvd player to use with my new iMac. Can I use it with my iPad mini too?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
2 Answers from the Community
No. iPads do not have USB ports, and cannot use this accessory. If you have rights to the videos on the disc (NOT a commercial DVD), you can use a free software like Handbrake to get the files off of the disk and sync, using iTunes to your iPad.
- Answered by Andrew B from Anoka
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can't play videos from a dvd player through your iPad if that's what you mean. You may be able to mirror the iMac to the iPad but the dvd would need to be playing on the iMac (google apps for mirroring from iMac to iPad or look in the app store for it, I read it's possible through third party apps).
- Answered by Prentice H from Clearwater
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2