What is the advantage to an iPad Pro with celular cnnectivity?
- Asked by Shlomo B from Louisville
- Flag as inappropriate (What is the advantage to an iPad Pro with celular cnnectivity?)
4 Answers from the Community
With cellular you can safely access sensitive sites securely, rather than using public wifi. When I travel, I switch to cellular even in my hotel room to check my credit cards daily, check bank balances or pay bills. When done, I clear history and cache before switching back to wifi.
- Answered by Kathryn M A from Olympia
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The cellular pads also have actual GPS chips so you can use them for navigation and gps based apps, the wifi don't have GPS, also as others have mentioned, you don't need to connect to insecure public wifi networks (which are generally hopeless anyway).
- Answered by Ernie M from Bowral
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The cellular version lets you connect to cellular data networks for 3G and LTE connectivity. A lot of people choose to tether to their phone and use their phone data, but this results in a large spike in power consumption.
The cellular version also has a GPS/GLONASS chip for accurate location calculations; the wifi version will approximate it based on nearby iOS devices using iBeacon
- Answered by Jansen N from Richmond Hill
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
the advantage is you can use it any wear that you dont have wifi and it can also do calls.
facetime anything that a iphone can do you can do with the ipad
- Answered by Thomas W K from Dorsey
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Hi, would I be able to also take advantage of this item with my iPad Air 2 by connecting a USB to Ethernet adapter for a more reliable network speed?
- Asked by Jorge A from Hialeah Gardens
- 04 6, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Hi, would I be able to also take advantage of this item with my iPad Air 2 by connecting a USB to Ethernet adapter for a more reliable network speed?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
will this mouse work on the IPad Pro?
- Asked by Wade S from Bradenton
- 01 28, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (will this mouse work on the IPad Pro?)
- Asked about: Magic Mouse 2