can they be used as hearing aids?
- Asked by fn from Center Moriches
- Flag as inappropriate (can they be used as hearing aids?)
- Asked about: AirPods
3 Answers from the Community
There are several iOS apps that function as a hearing aid using the single microphone in the wired EarPods (See Petralex for one app that adjusts for L&R hearing loss by frequency). Since the AirPods feature a microphone on *both* left and right devices, I am extremely optimistic that developers will create an iOS app that will be able to triangulate audio inputs for improved directional reception and sound adjustment. Based on my current experience with that app using EarPods in noisy restaurants and at concerts, I anticipate that the Airpods may well provide an affordable adaptive device alternative for people with gradual age-related hearing loss.
- Answered by Ross M from Eugene
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have used my airpods with Fennex. The app is free and compatible with airpods differently from other hearing aid apps mentioned before. True, there is an audible delay which completely confuses your brain. The best set up I found is to use the iPhone mic to get the sound and the AirPods as output. You can leave your phone even 100 meters away from the airpods for example in a big classroom or outdoor space. In that case the delay becomes no relevant and the sound quality good.
- Answered by Martin S
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
No, they're just wireless earphones, nothing more I'm afraid.
- Answered by James F from North Albury
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can the Airpods be used independently. I can only hear in my left ear. Can i just use the one head phone. could some one else use the other headphone?
- Asked by Luke W
- 09 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can the Airpods be used independently. I can only hear in my left ear. Can i just use the one head phone. could some one else use the other headphone?)
- Asked about: AirPods
When using with the iPhone 5 (or other iPhone) does the mic noise cancellation still work for the audio sent to the person I'm calling?
- Asked by Jason Z from Greer
- 01 22, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (When using with the iPhone 5 (or other iPhone) does the mic noise cancellation still work for the audio sent to the person I'm calling?)
- Asked about: Apple In-Ear Headphones with Remote…