Does the dock have a true audio line out ?
As per Apple online doc it's claimed that this dock features an audio line out and headphone out. How does it come?
If iPhone volume control works (which does) then it's not a fixed level audio output hence it's not a true line out but a double amping scenario which is exactly what i wanted to avoid when i purchased this dock.
Could you enlighten me?
- Asked by Gonzalo V from Madrid
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the dock have a true audio line out ?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock – Rose Gold
2 Answers from the Community
Volume control in all Apple devices is just digital processing of the gain, It is not volume control like in the analog world, So when you set the phone's volume to 100% and the DSP to off (equalizer) the phone is outputting raw digital stream with no processing, therefore what is output at the dock's 3.5mm jack is true line out level, If you start lowering the volume or messing with the equalizer it becomes something else.
- Answered by Mourad L from Concord
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
not exactly sure what kind of line out you are looking for but this dock as a jack 3.5mm line out.
i can confirm that volume control are working if you connect a headphone.
- Answered by Giuseppe P
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I understand that this will output audio. Is it line out only post iPhone/pod DAC or can this send out the digital signal to use an outboard DAC?
- Asked by Joe D from Kennewick
- 12 29, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I understand that this will output audio. Is it line out only post iPhone/pod DAC or can this send out the digital signal to use an outboard DAC?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)
Audio Output Fixed or Variable Volume?
- Asked by Jordan W from Collingswood
- 02 4, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Audio Output Fixed or Variable Volume?)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
No answers yet