How can I change my I phone 4 back to factory settings and just use it for music?
I have a friend who is looking at a long term hospital stay. I would like to get my old I phone 4 back to factory settings and load her favorite music on it. Is this possible? thank you. She would not be using it for as a phone.
- Asked by Lola S from Bradenton
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I change my I phone 4 back to factory settings and just use it for music?)
1 Answer from the Community
Resetting the iPhone can be done either through the device settings or via iTunes.
The setting is in Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings.
Once the iPhone has powered back on you can set it up as you did when you first bought the phone. You will need to insert a SIM card in order for the setup procedure to take place, however once the initial setup procedure has been completed, the SIM card can be removed.
Once the device has been reset and setup again, music can now be loaded onto the iPhone either via iTunes, or by logging into to your (or indeed having your friend log into their) Apple ID on the phone and downloading the music from iTunes that way.
All the features of the phone will work properly without a SIM card inserted, except of course Phone Calls, SMS and Mobile Data, but the phone can still be connected to Wi-Fi, allowing use of all other features
- Answered by Liam M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does this cable reflect live what Im looking in my iPhone 4s camera?
- Asked by Estefano L from Charlotte
- 03 29, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable reflect live what Im looking in my iPhone 4s camera?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter
Can I copy music from iPod to iPad
- Asked by Wyndham P
- 06 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I copy music from iPod to iPad)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
No answers yet