Is the iPhone 8 plus bigger than iPhone x?
- Asked by Bianca I from Wylie
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the iPhone 8 plus bigger than iPhone x?)
2 Answers from the Community
Yes, the iPhone 8 Plus is slightly wider and taller than the iPhone X. However, the iPhone X has a bigger screen size. iPhone X screen size- 5.8 inches. iPhone 8 Plus screen size- 5.5 inches. The iPhone X screen is not wide.
- Answered by Nishil A from Auburn
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Bigger depends on what you are talking about. The iPhone 8 Plus is a bigger overall phone in the hand and in the pocket. It is both taller and wider than the iPhone X. However, when talking about screen size, you have two things to consider; 1) is that the iPhone X's screen is slightly taller than the iPhone 8 Plus' screen, 2) the width of the iPhone X screen is a fair noticeable more narrow than the iPhone 8 Plus. This means that the iPhone 8 Plus actually has more screen space, especially when playing most games and watching 16:9 video. The iPhone X screen really shines when watching 1.85:1 and 2.39:1 aspect ratio video, as the display becomes longer in landscape allowing for the display to be slightly bigger for that ratio.
Overall, go play with the phone. If you cannot, then ask yourself about videos and games, and how important those are to you. I personally returned my X just yesterday and decided to keep my 8 Plus instead. I am extremely happy I did, but again, its personal preference.
PS: I really miss the OLED during movies, but not very noticeable for anything not showing black borders!
- Answered by Andrew L from Mesa
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will my iPhone 7plus Apple silicone case fit the iphone8 plus and the iphone x
- Asked by Martin M from Wilmington
- 09 18, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Will my iPhone 7plus Apple silicone case fit the iphone8 plus and the iphone x)
- Asked about: iPhone 8 Plus / 7 Plus Silicone Cas…