Will a 2.1 amp charger damage my I phone 6 s plus
My alarm clock has 2 usb ports to charge phones, iPads, tablets, etc. My car charger also has 2 usb ports. One is 1.8 amps the other is 2.1. Of the two, the 2.1 works much faster. However the 1.8 am as well as the original iPhone charger that came with my phone seem to take forever to charge my phone.
- Asked by Victoria H from Walls
- Flag as inappropriate (Will a 2.1 amp charger damage my I phone 6 s plus)
5 Answers from the Community
I've used a 2.5 amp charger to charge my iPhone and I've seen no problems yet. As far as I know, a lot of USB chargers are 2.1 amp and should not damage your phone.
- Answered by J D
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I've noticed charging my iPhone using higher amps(2.4A compared to standard 1A power adaptor) heats it up faster.
And it's a fact that heat is bad for batteries.
So my conclusion from this is - stay away from "fast" chargers to have a better battery life.
- Answered by Gurpreet S from Tempe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I'm using the Anker power port 2.4A for my iPhone 6+ for almost 2 years and I didn't face any problems with the battery or the phone generally.
I don't know really how many Amps does it take. but the fact it's faster than the original port of Apple 1Amp.
also, I know that when the current is increasing = the heat is increasing, but as I said that my phone still working.
please we want a technical support for Apple.com to help us for this issue
does the +2 Amp damage or affect the battery?
- Answered by Sultan K from New Castle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I've been using the 2.1 amp charger almost since I posted the original question. The only change I've noticed is that it now takes about 30% - 40% of the original time it took to now get my phone charged. Hurrah.
I have a "so-called" smart charger that theoretically detects the demand and adjusts according. It was just about the same price as a regular charge, so even if it doesn't adapt to my phone's needs -- the charge time is great; and the iPhone 6s is still fine.
- Answered by Michael C from Santa Fe
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Don't risk it. I charged my iPhone 6 for 30+ minutes, and now it won't charge at all. It's dead. A diagnostic showed that there was no problem with the battery nor the lightning port, and the the problem was likely on the motherboard and was not worth fixing.
- Answered by Edward B from Salt Spring Island
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 5
Apple sells a 2.1 amps is this adapter?
- Asked by Jose S from Broadmoor Vlg
- 04 18, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Apple sells a 2.1 amps is this adapter?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
Do I need OS Sierra on Mac to import photos from Iphone 6plus
- Asked by Lynn M from Carolina Beach
- 03 18, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need OS Sierra on Mac to import photos from Iphone 6plus)
does apple allow an app to record phone conservations
- Asked by James B S from Azle
- 06 3, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (does apple allow an app to record phone conservations)