Is there a lightning to 3.5mm cable for connecting a nano to AUX plug in a car
- Asked by Frank P
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a lightning to 3.5mm cable for connecting a nano to AUX plug in a car)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB Cable (0.5 m)
4 Answers from the Community
What I see other people saying on here is correct my experience, but it is a frustrating solution.
I currently use the 3.5mm audio out on the iPod to connect to a 3.5mm in on my car's aux port. Which I thought would be fine, but for some reason it put's the iPod's battery in the red after <2 hours. I connect headphones and the iPod runs probably 10-20 hours. A day's worth of commuting for me is 2 hours, I don't want to have to recharge it each day.
So, now I'm forced to buy the 3.5mm audio/lightning combined adapter to 30-pin, then use the 30-pin to 3.5mm audio in on my car's aux port. I have yet to do this, but I'm concerned it's going to drain my battery just as quickly as the previous solution, and therefore not be any better at all, and just a waste of money.
- Answered by Joshua K from Union City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have an iPod 7 generation and I use the headphone jack on it to the aux jack in my truck and it works just fine. No problems.
- Answered by Christopher R from Cambridge
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
I have been looking for the same thing - I want to plug a Nano (with a lightning plug) into my FJ Cruiser's Aux jack. The only solution I've found so far is to get a lightning to 30-pin adapter AND a 30-pin to 3.5mm audio cable. Seems like that should work?
- Answered by Eric O from Safety Harbor
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Hi Frank P,
Unless you have found a 30 pin iPod connector cable that split into an AUX pair, you'll find the only option you have left is running a 3.5mm jack to AUX from the headphone point on your hardware. This can be found in most hi-fi & electrical stores -assuming you are in the UK, check Maplins-.
That being said, if you have the former, you'll find in the store a 'Lightning' to 30 pin adapter.
Best of luck.
- Answered by Niall H
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
Using a 3.5 mm cable to connect dock to stereo, do you use headphone output
- Asked by Rick J from Eddyville
- 02 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Using a 3.5 mm cable to connect dock to stereo, do you use headphone output)
- Asked about: iPhone Lightning Dock - White
How to use iPhone7 lightening headphone with my MacBook Pro 3.5mm Audio?
- Asked by Md Borhan U from Santa Clara
- 09 29, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How to use iPhone7 lightening headphone with my MacBook Pro 3.5mm Audio?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 3.5 mm Headphone Jack …
can ipod nano connect to car player
- Asked by Ong O from Tanjung Rambutan
- 07 24, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can ipod nano connect to car player)
No answers yet