Can I use a wireless WAN connection?
My primary Internet connection consists of a mobile hotspot with a five user limit. I would like to have a Time Capsule as my primary wireless router, but it would have to connect to the mobile hotspot and rebound the Internet connection through a different wifi ssid. Essentially, instead of connecting a wired WAN connection, it would connect to another network and use that as the WAN connection. Is this possible?
- Asked by Jaydon C from Meadow
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use a wireless WAN connection?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
1 Answer from the Community
WAN's are created using specific devices such as Cisco routers etc. The Airport devices are Access Points connected to your LAN.
If you have a need to have the same access point name (SSID) in a different location that is connected via a WAN connection, this will work.
- Answered by Frederic L
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Airport express can share internet connection from wire to wireless?
- Asked by L. R from Richmond
- 03 6, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Airport express can share internet connection from wire to wireless?)
- Asked about: AirPort Express
can i connect my I Mac to my new Samsung tv wireless
- Asked by David S
- 10 14, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect my I Mac to my new Samsung tv wireless)
- Asked about: iPad