Have a Macbook Pro (Late-2011) that barely functioned through college. Looking for a new laptop that will keep up with me in medical school.
For my undergrad, I had this computer:
MacBook Pro (13-inch, Late 2011)
Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Unfortunately, this computer ran so incredibly and frustratingly slow. Apps were constantly unresponsive, and often times I couldn't get any of my apps to work, especially the essentials (Safari, Word, Powerpoint, Pages, or Keynote). More often than not, it would take 45-60 minutes to open a word document. This computer absolutely hindered my academic success, and I cannot believe how agonizing this was.
I am going to be starting medical school in August 2016, and I am really hoping to get a powerful computer that won't constantly give me the "spinning beach ball of death". I need a computer that won't slow me down!
I can get a financial aid adjustment for up to $3000 for a computer, so that would be my max budget. Any advice regarding specs, devices, etc. would be so greatly appreciated!
No Answers have been submitted
Be the first to answer this question. Answer now
Which is better for a college business student?
- Asked by Ashleigh F from Corbin
- 10 30, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Which is better for a college business student?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)
No answers yet
Can I increase size of flash storage on Macbook Pro late 2011?
- Asked by Michel L from Beverly Hills
- 08 20, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I increase size of flash storage on Macbook Pro late 2011?)
Is this Magic Trackpad 2 suitable for use with the MacBook Pro late 2011 models please/
- Asked by Greg N from Toowoomba
- 12 30, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this Magic Trackpad 2 suitable for use with the MacBook Pro late 2011 models please/)
- Asked about: Magic Trackpad 2