how to upgrade from os x lion
I have a early 2008 mac book that operates on osx lion 10.7 5 and i need to update. what do I need to do to get the current softwear .. help please
- Asked by Anna B from North St Paul
- Flag as inappropriate (how to upgrade from os x lion)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1 Answer from the Community
An early 2008 Macbook is not supported by OS 10.8 or later.
To determine for sure, get your model identifier: Go to Apple Menu --> About this Mac --> More Info --> System Report. Select "Hardware" at top of left pane (probably already selected). The "Model Identifier" is in the right pane.
If the Model Identifier is "MacBook2,x", "MacBook3,x" or "MacBook4,x" the latest OS to support the Mac is OS 10.7.
If the Model Identifier is "MacBook5,1" or greater, then it is supported by most recent OS: OS 10.11 "El Capitan".
To download and install OS 10.11 (which is free), go to the App Store app on your Mac.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I skip upgrading to OS X Lion and go straight to Mavericks? I currently have Snow Leopard and my Garmin will not update with our current version.
- Asked by Nancy C from Newport News
- 09 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I skip upgrading to OS X Lion and go straight to Mavericks? I currently have Snow Leopard and my Garmin will not update with our current version.)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)