Is 2011 Office for Mac compatible with 2016 Mac mini?
Word, Excel and Powerpoint have downloaded successfully, but Outlook is not working. Our tech guys can't figure it out, nor Microsoft. I'm trying to avoid buying the newer version, since this 2011 product key is viable. Thanks in advance!
- Asked by Shauna H from Prince Frederick
- Flag as inappropriate (Is 2011 Office for Mac compatible with 2016 Mac mini?)
2 Answers from the Community
Should be..I'm running Office 2011 Home and Office on two newer Macs (2012 13" MacBook Pro and a 2013 MacBook Air) with El Capitan, so you probably won't hav issues under Sierra either. Also, I have an older iMac I just installed El Cap on, and I'm successfully running Office 2008, so I don't think you're going to have any problems.
- Answered by James T from Wake Forest
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I just bought a new mac mini (2016) and excel was a serious problem. After hours of time with apple tech.s and Microsoft tech.s I was talked into updating MS office to 2016 and all the issues seem to be resolved. I also learned that MS office 2011 will no longer be supported as of the end of this year.
- Answered by Nina J from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Can I run MS Office 2016 on a 2gb 2011 macbook pro?
- Asked by Gemma S from Phoenix
- 01 16, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I run MS Office 2016 on a 2gb 2011 macbook pro?)