What does a flashing folder mean
Upon turning Mac on there is a folder with a flashing ? Mark.
- Asked by Ronnie P from Abingdon
- Flag as inappropriate (What does a flashing folder mean)
1 Answer from the Community
It means your computer cannot find a bootable Software folder meaning Hardrive with OSX installed, a network drive with OSX installed.
Usually your system starts and an Apple icon appears up on the screen that means the OSX folder or HD has been found and is now reading and loading it into RAM
It means your OSX boot drive has become corrupt
You might need to restart holding the Shift key
Or Option key
Depending upon which Mac computer you have
If it's new
Shift I think should open up all possible solutions. To get access to disk utility that will help you repair permissions , see if you can fix the disk , or have to delete or format and reinstall OSX and start from scratch
Most likely if you are smart all your data is backed up to iCloud or another backup drive so installation can be resynced or restored from a previous version
I hope this helps I could be off on some things that a higher level tech might walk you through
But I wanted to just answer your question because getting an answer by anyone helps when you are waiting twiddling your thumbs
But if you have a problem you may need to install a system disk (or USB drive ) with installer or clone of your previous current system to get a
- Answered by James M from Culver City
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
How do I restrict folder access for other users in the same household?
- Asked by Berkeley R from San Francisco
- 07 20, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (How do I restrict folder access for other users in the same household?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
what does the color wheel mean?
- Asked by Edwina K from Ponte Vedra
- 05 16, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (what does the color wheel mean?)