what is te next upgrade afer OS X 10.5.8
- Asked by Theophilus H
- Flag as inappropriate (what is te next upgrade afer OS X 10.5.8)
- Asked about: Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard
1 Answer from the Community
Depends on your Mac.
If it has a PowerPC processor, then OS 10.5.8 is the last OS X that will work on your Mac.
If it has an Intel processor, then you can upgrade to Snow Leopard (OS 10.6) and do a software update to OS 10.6.8.
Then depending on your Mac's hardware, you can upgrade directly to OS 10.7, OS 10.8, or OS 10.11. (OS 10.9 and OS 10.10 are no longer available, as any Mac that can run those versions, can also run OS 10.11.)
Once OS 10.7 or later is running on your Mac, and if your hardware is supported (which I doubt) you can upgrade to OS 10.12.
Note that OS 10.11 & OS 10.12 are free downloads through the App Store app which is installed with all Macs from OS 10.6.8 onward. OS 10.7 & OS 10.8 are also downloaded through the App Store app but first require the purchase of a redemption code through the online Apple Store.
- Answered by Ewald W from Vancouver
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.8 and 4 GB memory. What upgrade would be the best one to purchase in order to be compatible with other products?
- Asked by Anne L from Marsden
- 03 7, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.5.8 and 4 GB memory. What upgrade would be the best one to purchase in order to be compatible with other products?)
- Asked about: OS X Lion (10.7)