Can I upgrade MacBook4,1 (early 2008) to anything 10.9 or higher?
i have a MacBook4,1 (Early 2008) and i struggled to even find a manual 10.7 update from 10.6.8, i'm on 10.7.5 and the app store won't let me update to sierra and software update says no updates available. How can I upgrade further to preferably the latest OS X I can?
- Asked by Michael D from Walla Walla
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I upgrade MacBook4,1 (early 2008) to anything 10.9 or higher?)
1 Answer from the Community
No those MacBooks are limited to 10.7.5 Lion out of the box. You can however browse the web because there are people who have already done it. You might need to mod something with the drivers and such and definitely replace your wireless adapter to one that supports 10.8 or higher.
- Answered by Jamie G from Deventer
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can this usb superdrive be used by an early 2008 mac pro?
- Asked by Christine R from London
- 08 15, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Can this usb superdrive be used by an early 2008 mac pro?)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive
will this work with an early 2008 17" mac book pro "t" style connector
- Asked by Robert S from Glenside
- 11 9, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with an early 2008 17" mac book pro "t" style connector)
- Asked about: Apple 45W MagSafe Power Adapter for…