i need to connect my 6s to mac os x version 10.6.8 how can i do this please help
- Asked by Zarife K from Auburn Sydney
- Flag as inappropriate (i need to connect my 6s to mac os x version 10.6.8 how can i do this please help)
1 Answer from the Community
I assume you are referring to an iPhone 6s, unfortunately, you can't. You can plug it into your Mac and it will charge, (possibly at a reduced rate), but to use iTunes to sync and back up to your computer, you need iTunes 12.5, which requires OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).
Mavericks or higher should be available as a free upgrade in the App Store in Snow Leopard, but if you are on an unsupported machine, you are out of luck, I'm afraid.
On the other hand, Apple has made it very easy to use the iPhone without requiring a computer, with iCloud. You could opt for, say, 200GB of storage for about three bucks a month which should be more than plenty for your backups, with room to spare for photos, app data, et cetera.
Even if you don't decide to get additional cloud storage, you get a base 5GB for no cost.
- Answered by Ji Young B from Watervliet
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i connect ipad air2 to mac os x version 10.6.8
- Asked by Philip A
- 10 26, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (can i connect ipad air2 to mac os x version 10.6.8)
- Asked about: iPad
do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi
- Asked by Roberta H from Surprise
- 11 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (do i need the apirport express base to connect to my mac OS 10.6.8 to get wi fi)
- Asked about: AirPort Express