What is the upgrade I need for my IMAC which already was upgraded to snow leopard OSX 10.6.8? I was guessing that OSX Lion would be good,which one?
I've been told that i could go as high as Maverick, even Yosemite--given much conflicting advice. I have available 289.73 GB and 30,22 on disk.
1 Answer from the Community
Go to 10.7.5. As I understand it. Once you are there you can go to 10.11 - El Capitain for free. Like you, I am stuck on 10.6.8 and seems that in order to continue to get upgrades on software i run i need to upgrade.
I am not a professional computer consultant although I have been using Macs for over 25 years.
Be sure to back up your computer to an external hard drive or cloud service before upgrading. Use the time machine application on your computer to do this. It is very self explanitory.
- Answered by Dean H from Scottsdale
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?
- Asked by Marcelle D S from Boerne
- 11 5, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will the new AirPort Extreme work with Mac OSX 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
I have a MBP 2011 running 10.6.8. Will the new airport time capsule work with it? I want to use it for the router and backup.
- Asked by Meagan Q from Hopewell Jct
- 08 31, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a MBP 2011 running 10.6.8. Will the new airport time capsule work with it? I want to use it for the router and backup.)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?
- Asked by Stefan R from Bellevue
- 08 3, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this adapter work on a Mac with Snow Leopard 10.6.8?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adapt…