How closely matched does a replacement drive have to be? Can a drive be identical in size but different speed (access time / rpm)?
1 Answer from the Community
Being as this is either configured as RAID 5 (factory) or RAID 6 (user) you need to make sure that the drives are identical. Using non spec, non enterprise grade drives compromises the integrity of the RAID. Using a RAID 5 configuration, you can rebuild the RAID if one disk fails. It takes about a day to rebuild the RAID. If you lose another drive while rebuilding the RAID, ALL of the data is lost. RAID 6 allows for a 2 drive failure, at the expense of capacity. The best bet is to order replacement drives from Promise.
- Answered by Anthony A from Loveland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can I import and export pictures from a flash drive with this adapter?
- Asked by Angela R from Sun City
- 09 20, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I import and export pictures from a flash drive with this adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
As a PC user wanting this is a router and an external hard drive. Is there any difference between this and the previous 2011 Time Capsule model?
- Asked by Ronan M
- 07 28, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (As a PC user wanting this is a router and an external hard drive. Is there any difference between this and the previous 2011 Time Capsule model?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB