can I use this cable to connect my Macbook Pro Air to a Powerall jump start for 12 volt vehicles. It shows it will charge laptops but requires cable.
1 Answer from the Community
This is the wrong cable for the job, but your setup may be possible but its NOT easy.
First you need to find out if your PowerAll Jump Starter will provide a constant 12V supply or is it designed only for few seconds of jump starting only.
If it does provide constant 12V, you need to look for a 12V car Charger port to MagSafe / MagSafe 2 Adapter.
To charge your MacBook, you need to connect the red jump start cable to the tip of the car charger and the black to the sides connector.
This should do the trick.
Apple will not recommend this, neither do I.
- Answered by Divij V
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is there a 12volt charger for the latest MacBook Pro?
- Asked by Douglas T from Fairfield
- 9 Feb 2018
- Flag as inappropriate (Is there a 12volt charger for the latest MacBook Pro?)
- Asked about: 87W USB-C Power Adapter
Can I use this as a networking cable, like an ethernet cable?
- Asked by Seth T from Glen Allen
- 24 Nov 2012
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this as a networking cable, like an ethernet cable?)
- Asked about: Apple Thunderbolt Cable (2m) - Whit…