Does this cable work with the iPhone 4 bumper case on?
- Asked by fn from Xxxxxxxxxxx
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this cable work with the iPhone 4 bumper case on?)
3 Answers from the Community
Yes. The current "Apple Dock Connector to USB Cable" works with the iPhone 4 bumpers. You will not need to remove the Bumper in order to use this cable.
To all of you people claiming that your old iPod USB cables aren't working with the iPhone 4:
If it's not working, then your cable must be broken, because mine works fine. Apple's iPod/iPhone USB Cables work with all Apple products that have a dock connector. However the older style iPod USB Cable will not work with your iPhone 4 if it has a Bumper. The opening at the bottom of the Bumper is too slim to accommodate the thicker plastic enclosures of the older iPod Cable. The new cable (like the one on this page) has a slimmer plastic enclosure that is able to fit through the bottom slot on the iPhone 4 Bumpers.
- Answered by Matthew B from Granada Hills
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes. While many of my third party cables don't fit, this cable does.
- Answered by Philip W from Suwanee
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Never thought to check that but you are quite right, the new one fits. I was mad because the old ones wouldn't fit. I started cutting and hacking at the slot and now it does fit. Which works for me because we have multiple iPods and I keep one cable on each computer and one in the car and one in my briefcase so being limited to only one that works on the phone doesn't cut it.
If I hadn't seen this I would never have thought to check the size so Apple you are not forgiven but you are not as bad as I was thinking you were.
- Answered by David W from Kingston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Will this work as an adaptor to the Y cable from BMW?
- Asked by Heather F from Washington Township
- 05 8, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work as an adaptor to the Y cable from BMW?)
- Asked about: Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (0.2 m)