My 3rd-generation iPod's (dock connector/touch wheel) Firewire cable doesn't fit my new iMac. Another USB cable doesn't charge the iPod. Will this?
I tried the USB cable that came with my iPhone, but it only syncs the iPod and doesn't charge it.
1 Answer from the Community
This apparently is to be expected - older iPods need FireWire to charge it seems but can sync over USB. I discovered this recently when I gave my 40GB 3rdGen to a microsloth-using friend.
Your iMac doesn't have a FireWire port? I thought they all had at least one. If you have only the newer FW800 9-pin connector, you can get an adapter to go to 6-pin FW400.
- Answered by Anthony D from Seattle
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Does the USB cable for a 3rd gen ipod shuffle work for a 2nd gen ipod shuffle?
- Asked by Kaitlyn B from Roxbury
- 01 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB cable for a 3rd gen ipod shuffle work for a 2nd gen ipod shuffle?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter
The Apple iPod shuffle (3rd gen) USB Cable is compatible with 2nd gen iPod Shuffle?
- Asked by Felipe R from Palo Alto
- 10 7, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (The Apple iPod shuffle (3rd gen) USB Cable is compatible with 2nd gen iPod Shuffle?)
- Asked about: Apple iPod shuffle USB Cable