will this keyboard work with the ipad2?
- Asked by Terry K from Jasper
- Flag as inappropriate (will this keyboard work with the ipad2?)
2 Answers from the Community
The short answer is unfortunately no; the iPad uses Apple's proprietary dock connector to interface with peripherals. You can, however, connect a Bluetooth Keyboard, such as the Apple Wireless Keyboard. The iPad Keyboard Dock for the first generation iPad kinda works, but it is hampered by the new shape of the iPad 2.
It was, at one stage, possible to connect a standard USB keyboard to the iPad using Apple's Camera Connection Kit, however since iOS 4.2 was released this is no longer possible because the device no longer supplies enough power to the USB peripheral. This is the case with both the 1st gen iPad and the iPad 2.
Hope this helps!
- Answered by Andrew K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
No, because the iPad2 doesn't have a USB port.
- Answered by Lynneda M from Granbury
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Does this pencil works on iPad 2
- Asked by Jean A from Terenia
- 02 7, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does this pencil works on iPad 2)
- Asked about: Apple Pencil for iPad Pro
Will this work with my Ipad 2?
- Asked by Doreen L from Northfield
- 11 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this work with my Ipad 2?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
will this work with ipad2?
- Asked by Robert W from Northville
- 03 7, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (will this work with ipad2?)
- Asked about: Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit
No answers yet