Connect early 08 mac Pro to a 27' apple display. What cable(s) and or converter do I need?
I have a Mac Pro 3,1 Quad-Core Intel Xeon that I want to connect to a new 27" Apple Cinema Display. What is the best way to achieve this? A new graphics card (it has a ATI Radon HD 2600)? Or - a converter connector and cable?
What items do you recommend for each option?
- Asked by Ronald B from Philadelphia
- Flag as inappropriate (Connect early 08 mac Pro to a 27' apple display. What cable(s) and or converter do I need?)
3 Answers from the Community
you need to get yourself a Atlona (Dual Link) DVI to Mini DisplayPort Converter (USB-Powered). Model: AT-DP400, this will allow you to covert DVI signal to Displayport.
The Mini Display port adapter is only for display ports to other monitors that don't have display ports.
- Answered by Paul K from Woongarrah
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Atlona ATDP400 Dual Link DVI to Mini DisplayPort Converter (~$79) should take care of it.
- Answered by Helen C from Carlton
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
display mac intel (r) hd graphics free
- Answered by Abdullmalk K
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3