I have an external monitor that supports 144hz. With this cable am I able to get that frequency at 1920x1080? (my notebook has a dedicated GPU)
1 Answer from the Community
You did not state the model of the external monitor.
1920 x 1080 144Hz requires 346 MHz pixel clock (using CVT-RB timing, 8bpc color). That is beyond the 165 MHz max of Single Link DVI. Dual Link DVI can do 330 MHz. Maybe your external monitor uses smaller blanking periods than the CVT-RB timing calls for. This information may be in the monitor's EDID. Apple has a Mini DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI adapter. It requires a USB port for extra power.
- Answered by Joseph V from Fort Langley
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this enable a 144Hz refresh rate on a monitor?
- Asked by Tyler L from Dundalk
- 07 4, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this enable a 144Hz refresh rate on a monitor?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
What resolution does it support with iPad Pro? Do you get full 1920x1080?
- Asked by Dennis A from Duvall
- 03 10, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (What resolution does it support with iPad Pro? Do you get full 1920x1080?)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter