Which connector do I need use the 27 iMac with a 2008 MacBookPro?
1 Answer from the Community
it would depend on how you want to connect them.
1. You want to access the data on your macbook pro through your iMac
Use a firewire cable, when you turn on your MBP, hold down the 't' key, your MBP will then appear as a drive on your iMac
2. You (for some reason) want to use the iMac as a second screen for your MBP
Just use your iMac (having connected your MBP as listed in point 1 you will be able to access any files you need from either computer through the iMac)
if you want a second screen that you can use for BOTH your iMac and your MBP, buy the mini display port to DVI adaptor from apple and a good monitor OR fork out for the apple cinema display that will plug straight into both computers (but not at the same time) FYI if you buy a 3rd party monitor, you will also need to buy a cable to run audio, as mini DP does not transfer audio (the aple display does this through the USB plug)
- Answered by Bruno F from Blackmans Bay
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
does 2017 iMac 27" allow target display mode?
- Asked by Kevin G from San Jose
- 06 24, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (does 2017 iMac 27" allow target display mode?)
- Asked about: Mac
No answers yet
Is the Mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI adaptor the right connector to connect the new 27" apple cinema display to a late 2008 MacPro?
- Asked by Holly B from Grand Forks
- 10 21, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the Mini DisplayPort to dual link DVI adaptor the right connector to connect the new 27" apple cinema display to a late 2008 MacPro?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI A…
What cable do I need to connect my iMac 27' to a Blue Ray player?
- Asked by Brien H from La Mesa
- 01 6, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (What cable do I need to connect my iMac 27' to a Blue Ray player?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter