can i connect macbook pro to two monitors
display on macbook pro
4 Answers from the Community
If you have a MacBook Pro with Retina display you can use the HDMI cable or the Mini Displayport to connect one monitor and use the Thunderbolt to VGHA connector to connect a second monitor. This setup allows you to mirror three screens OR use them all independently (you will get higher res if you use the DisplayPort connector to connect to a high-def monitor).
- Answered by Nigel F from Duxbury
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
The method will depend on your desired configuration.
Do you want to show the same thing on both external monitors (either cloned desktop or extended desktop)? Then you need a signal multiplier/Distribution Amplifier (DVI DA or VGA DA). If you want to show 2 different things on the externals (like the standard desktop plus extended desktop) then you need a product like the matrox dual-head or triple-head.
- Answered by Bruce W from San Francisco
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
The new MacBook Pro now has video outputs (two mini-DisplayPort and one HDMI), so there is no problem that you can have up to 3 monitor connected to the MacBook Pro.
If you want to share two monitors with other systems or Mac, then you need to find Dual-Monitor/ Dual-Head KVM switch.
I found ConnectPRO UDD-12A+ or UDD-14A+ KVM switches are both tested with MacBook Pro multi-monitor sharing.
- Answered by Hung W from Walnut
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
The MBP 15" 2015's Radeon chips lack passive display connections (or timers?). Pick up an “active” mDP cable and your monitors (3rd) should come to life. These GPUs only support two passive connections, the rest NEED to be active cables. Source: mkn.us / blog / how-to-use-3-external-monitors-on-macbook-pro-2015/
- Answered by Michael M from Troy
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 4
How can I connect two VGA monitors to my macbook pro for simultaneous use? ?
- Asked by Anonymous A from Xxxxxxxxx
- 12 22, 09
- Flag as inappropriate (How can I connect two VGA monitors to my macbook pro for simultaneous use? ?)
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
How many monitors can I connect to this connector?
- Asked by Cosmin I from Sequim
- 12 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (How many monitors can I connect to this connector?)
- Asked about: USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
Can I plug in two DVI monitors and get full resolution @ 60 Hz (each at different native resolutions/2x EDID) using a DVI-d splitter? (Macbook Pro)
- Asked by Daniel R
- 03 10, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I plug in two DVI monitors and get full resolution @ 60 Hz (each at different native resolutions/2x EDID) using a DVI-d splitter? (Macbook Pro))
- Asked about: Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter