Will I be able to connect the Monoprice 30" IPS CrystalPro Monitor 2560x1600 Display as a second external monitor to my 15" Macbook Pro Retina.
I have a 27" thunderbolt display connected to my 15" macbook Pro. Would I be able to connect a Monoprice 30" IPS CrystalPro Monitor as a second external display and have 2560x1600 resolution using the Dual-link DVI adaptor?
3 Answers from the Community
Hi! As someone who just bought one along with a friend... no. Or at least, not easily. I have a 15" Macbook Pro, I have the Apple mini-DP to DVI adaptor, I have the cable that came with the monitor, and it'll only display up to 1900x1200.
Something's afoot here, and maybe this'll end up being solved by using a mini-DP to the monitor's DP input, but... it's not working out of the box as described in the other answers.
- Answered by Derek Z from Bellevue
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Yes this monitor from Monoprice will connect and operate just fine under OSX or Windows using bootcamp with the Dual-link DVI adapter. It's an amazing screen at the lowest price I've seen.
- Answered by Gerald M from Orange
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Yes, you can. The Monoprice 30" IPS CrystallPro LCD Monitor will operate fine under both OSX and to Windows through Bootcamp.
- Answered by Howard H from Corona
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
I need a Macbook pro retina model cable to connect to ethernet. Which one should I get?
- Asked by Debra T from Walla Walla
- 11 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (I need a Macbook pro retina model cable to connect to ethernet. Which one should I get?)
- Asked about: Apple USB Ethernet Adapter
Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina
- Asked by Renee W from Ormeau Hills
- 08 18, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Burning DVD's & CD's on Macbook Pro Retina)
- Asked about: Apple USB SuperDrive