What cables do I require to connect my MacBook to any TV so I can watch movies?
- Asked by Marta J from Hamilton
- Flag as inappropriate (What cables do I require to connect my MacBook to any TV so I can watch movies?)
1 Answer from the Community
1.) It depends on what MacBook model you have. The new aluminum models have the Mini DisplayPort (Mini DP) connector, but the White models use Mini-DVI. Depending on which MacBook you have, you will need to buy either a Mini DP or Mini DVI Adapter.
2.) If your TV has a VGA or DVI input, you can use Apple's Mini DP/DVI adapters. There is also a 3rd-party Mini DP/DVI to HDMI Adapter you can use if you only have an HDMI input on your TV. So the first thing you need is the adapter that matches your MacBook and your TV
3.) Cables: now all you need is the right cable to go along with your adapter. If you bought a VGA adapter, use a VGA cable. for DVI adapters, use a DVI cable... etc etc.
- Answered by Alex R from Miami
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
HDMI Cables for iPad Minis
- Asked by Lavinia I
- 12 24, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (HDMI Cables for iPad Minis)
- Asked about: Lightning Digital AV Adapter
No answers yet
Can I use this cable with my mac laptop to connect to television and Bose speakers?
- Asked by Jenae J from Goleta
- 04 25, 11
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use this cable with my mac laptop to connect to television and Bose speakers?)
- Asked about: Apple Composite AV Cable