When you connect your 3rd generation ipod in your audio port in the car does it continue to charge it as well to keep the charge up?
I know the 1st generation ipod did continue to charge the ipod and the 2nd generation didn't continue a charge with the port connected in the car. It only did this connected in the computer/electrical external ports only when I am at home.
1 Answer from the Community
Form my experiences, honestly it all depends on what kind of stereo your car has. The reason is because since they are not all the same they don't have the same functions. Some stereos have the iPod connection, but they can only play the music, and there are other stereos that not only play, but charge as well.
- Answered by Vicente D from Paramount
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
I have a 3rd generation Ipod Touch and am going on a trip - can I connect my touch to the USB port in our car to keep it charged while I am gone?
- Asked by Patricia H from Harrisonburg
- 03 17, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a 3rd generation Ipod Touch and am going on a trip - can I connect my touch to the USB port in our car to keep it charged while I am gone?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable
Does the USB cable for a 3rd gen ipod shuffle work for a 2nd gen ipod shuffle?
- Asked by Kaitlyn B from Roxbury
- 01 22, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Does the USB cable for a 3rd gen ipod shuffle work for a 2nd gen ipod shuffle?)
- Asked about: Apple 12W USB Power Adapter