can i send video to apple tv and audio to airport express?
I'm using airplay to play a video to a projector but the audio is located elsewhere, so is it possible to send the video to the projector via apple tv and then the audio to an airport express to come out some PA speakers?
2 Answers from the Community
Yes you can do this. You can connect your video source to the Apple TV through HDMI. For the audio you send it to any AirPlay capable receiver. You'll find the option to change your audio output in General > Audio & Video. You'll see the current audio source as your Apple TV. Just select your AirPlay device and you're good to go.
- Answered by Larry G from Oakland
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
You can give video via HDMI and audio via optic cable.
- Answered by Vlad Andrei M
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
Will HomePod work with my existing Airport Express setup?
- Asked by Marc K from Oakland
- 01 27, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will HomePod work with my existing Airport Express setup?)
- Asked about: HomePod
Is it possible to watch live tv via the digital av adapter connected to my television with the hdmi cable?.
- Asked by Graham L
- 08 10, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (Is it possible to watch live tv via the digital av adapter connected to my television with the hdmi cable?.)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter