Can I use 2 airport express from 1 computer
- Asked by Barry N from Edmonton
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I use 2 airport express from 1 computer)
1 Answer from the Community
The question does not make sense.
If you are asking if you can use two airport expresses to hop from your ISP modem to your computer, the answer is yes.
The first airport express is set up in DHCP router mode providing dynamic addresses while the second would be set up in bridge mode to extend the wifi network.
It goes without saying, the second airport express must be able to communicate with the first either wirelessly or by wire. Note the speed of the connection may be degraded due to the late time between communication, particularly if wireless. Also, airport express only has 100Base T connections. The later Airport Extremes have 1000 base T wired ethernet connections.
- Answered by Bill A from Mission Viejo
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
how do I extend my signal with 2 airport expresses?
- Asked by Ann M from Montreal
- 06 27, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (how do I extend my signal with 2 airport expresses?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
can you pair 2 computers and an iphone with this?
- Asked by Nora H from San Francisco
- 10 19, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (can you pair 2 computers and an iphone with this?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB