Can I use the Airport Express Base Station to replace my existing Netgear router and still maintain the same network?
My cable company setup the network in my house with their equipment: a modem and a Netgear router. The router does not provide adequate signal strength even for a desktop PC situated a few feet in the same room. As a test, I plugged in my Airport Extreme Base Station to one of the free ports on the back of the Netgear router and the PC, as well as other wireless devices nearby, received a stronger signal. I want to replace the Netgear router with the Express without creating a new network. Is this possible?
1 Answer from the Community
I replaced my older AP Extreme with the new AP Extreme Gen 6 and my download speeds increased by 3X. I would suggest spending an extra $100 and get the new Extreme to replace the Netgear router.
- Answered by Daniel T from Redlands
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Will this replace both my existing netgear wifi router and my speed touch modem?
- Asked by Ethan H from Euroka
- 06 12, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this replace both my existing netgear wifi router and my speed touch modem?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
Will HomePod work with my existing Airport Express setup?
- Asked by Marc K from Oakland
- 01 27, 18
- Flag as inappropriate (Will HomePod work with my existing Airport Express setup?)
- Asked about: HomePod