Is this router considered a MIMO router?
- Asked by Kelly H from Beaver
- Flag as inappropriate (Is this router considered a MIMO router?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes it is MIMO. MIMO technology is somewhat "elusive". Typically, people think that a MIMO device has to have numerous antenna. Which, is true in the respect that a TRUE mimo device can separate signals or data streams into prioritized bandwidths. The airport is capable of 802.11 (a,b,g,n). It doesn't have nasty looking antennae arrays like some routers.
The only thing about the express is it tends to be a bit directional, in my experiences. So you may have to try different locations. And, it is a "wall wart". I do not use mine as wall warts. I have them on power strips, hidden out of sight on shelves.
Typically, the higher up in the house, the more omni directional it will be.
It tends to run "warm" to the touch. More-so than it's big brothers, the Airport Extreme and Time Machine. I think they run WARM because they have so many features packed into such a SMALL package.
It gives great service, plug and play for CHEAP. Less than $100 usually. Extremely versatile and is a tiny little thing.
I have two. And use them constantly. With no issues.
- Answered by Bill B from Red Oak
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Is the TC MIMO compatible?
- Asked by Lawrence S from Vestal
- 11 3, 13
- Flag as inappropriate (Is the TC MIMO compatible?)
- Asked about: AirPort Time Capsule - 3TB
No answers yet
Do you plug it into your router?
- Asked by Bindu S from Tinley Park
- 08 27, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Do you plug it into your router?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme