What exactly is the AirPort Express?
Am not familiar with this product and the description is a little unclear. Is this basically a wireless router? Any help would be appreciated!
- Asked by Joseph P from New Rochelle
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly is the AirPort Express?)
1 Answer from the Community
Yes, this is a wireless router. Apple has offered three wireless routers, the more expensive (costs about twice a much) and powerful AirPort Extreme, the Time Capsule that combines a big hard drive for backup (using OS X's Time Machine feature) with an AirPort Extreme, and this one, AirPort Express. AirPort Express had the added feature of handling iTunes streaming, but otherwise, seemed to have less power and capability than the AirPort Extreme, albeit for a lot less money. This is an upgrade of AirPort Express, and it appears to come closer the AirPort Extreme than the previous AirPort Express. Apple users have found it much easier to set up and use these routers than non-Apple brands, for the same reason that other Apple products tend to be easier to set up and use than others. I don't own ANY wireless router but have been studying them before making a purchase decision for a long time now, and will be eager to see the answers that get posted here to the questions some asked about the difference between this new AirPort Express model and the AirPort Extreme.)
- Answered by Larry S from Brookline
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Where can you use the AirPort Express?
- Asked by Justin B from Largo
- 03 2, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (Where can you use the AirPort Express?)
- Asked about: AirPort Extreme
No answers yet
What exactly does this do and not do?
- Asked by Juanita L from Cape Coral
- 03 8, 12
- Flag as inappropriate (What exactly does this do and not do?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin Digital AV Adapter