Will this replace my existing bt homehub
Looks great! I have an existing airport and airport express linked to a BT homehub.
I'm looking to replace my old home hub and I see the new base station has a WLAN port. Will this directly connect to an existing ADSL line with microfilter or do I still need an ADSL filter and BT Homehub (i.e. retain my home hub connected to ADSL and link to airport via LAN cable). Thanks
- Asked by Carl G
- Flag as inappropriate (Will this replace my existing bt homehub)
1 Answer from the Community
If your BT homehub makes use of an external modem (such as the openreach 'infinity' FTTC/FTTP modem) then yes as you would connect the modem to the Express. Otherwise no, the express is not a modem and the telephone line will not plug directly into the Express.
You could turn off wifi on the BT HH and then connect the Express to it via ethernet cable and use the Express as the wifi access point for your network.
- Answered by Oliver J
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Do I need to replace the existing Memory module?
- Asked by Jacob V from Manhasset
- 07 4, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Do I need to replace the existing Memory module?)
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 8GB 1600MHz DDR…
can you buy a replacement airpod?
- Asked by Duncan B from North Sydney
- 02 20, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (can you buy a replacement airpod?)
- Asked about: AirPods
No answers yet