Connecting the iPad to a droid phone's blue tooth
I have a T-Mobile My Touch 3G phone. I can enable the bluetooth on the phone to essentially make the phone act as a wireless (wifi) hot spot. Has anyone tried to connect their iPad to their phone this way (assuming their iPad is NOT the 3G-enabled version)?? If so, have you had success connecting through your phone's internet capabilities?? Most of my friends are telling me to stop wasting time and get the 3G version because if I don't get it, in a couple of weeks, I'm going to wish I had. But, if I can connect the iPad to the internet through my droid phone's internet ... isn't it almost the same thing??? Thanks in advance, all!
1 Answer from the Community
I have a motorola droid and I am using the wifi tether app on my droid to get a 3G connection on my wifi iPad. I don't believe the iPad can recognize an internet connection through Bluetooth. Tmobile my offer a mobile hotspot app or service. I know Verizon does. Another option is a Mifi or Fivespot device. These devices take in the Verizon 3G and broadcast it as wifi so you can connect up to 5 devices at once. Hope this helps.
- Answered by Ben M from Roanoke
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
Can apple TV connect to a Bluetooth activity tracker
- Asked by Ken M from Fairmont Hot Springs
- 07 9, 16
- Flag as inappropriate (Can apple TV connect to a Bluetooth activity tracker)
- Asked about: Apple TV
I have a new car that provides a USB connector cable. When trying my I Phone USB charging cables I get an error message - Is there a different cable?
- Asked by David M from Santa Monica
- 07 13, 10
- Flag as inappropriate (I have a new car that provides a USB connector cable. When trying my I Phone USB charging cables I get an error message - Is there a different cable?)
- Asked about: Apple 30-pin to USB Cable