When the pictures are imported, are they optimized (ie. reduced in size) or imported in full size?
- Asked by Mike U from Deerfield Beach
- Flag as inappropriate (When the pictures are imported, are they optimized (ie. reduced in size) or imported in full size?)
3 Answers from the Community
This is the critical question for photographers hoping to use the iPad to backup pictures when they are in the field and prior to getting back to their computers. No one appears to know and Apple has not stated it will import pictures without resizing (read dramatically reducing photo size/resolution) it to optimize viewing on the iPad. We know the iPhone resizes pictures and the iPad is using the same OS, so I am not hopeful full resolution will be maintained.
- Answered by Aditya R from Livingston
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
This is something that really bothered me till, I got the iPad and transferred RAW photos from iPhoto. All the images have been resized / optimized. I transferred close to 600 12-24 MB each photo to the iPad and still had plenty of space for videos, games, books, etc. Frankly speaking, I find it cheaper to store the photos in SD card when out in the field. It would be good only if you want to preview the photos or you are a reporter and need to send some photos/videos (low Q) back to base while some event goes on then it is good.
I would buy this attachment just for the capability to connect my keyboard or just to import some photos at times.
- Answered by Mohan D from Bellevue
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 2
This adapter does indeed only allow you to see a thumbnail on the iPad's screen, NOT the full 100% raw data of the original file, irrespective of format (RAW, DNG, Jpeg, RAW+JPEG, etc).
The thumbnail seems to be capped at higher than the iPad's screen resolution, but not up to the 100% of even a 10 megapixel camera.
- Answered by Alan C from Venice
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 3
Can I import and export pictures from a flash drive with this adapter?
- Asked by Angela R from Sun City
- 09 20, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Can I import and export pictures from a flash drive with this adapter?)
- Asked about: Lightning to USB 3 Camera Adapter
Why can't I import pics to my computer.
- Asked by Luci B from Tuscaloosa
- 08 16, 17
- Flag as inappropriate (Why can't I import pics to my computer.)
- Asked about: iPhone
No answers yet
Can it import Gopro videos?
- Asked by Raymond A from Carson
- 12 9, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (Can it import Gopro videos?)
- Asked about: Lightning to SD Card Camera Reader
No answers yet