I purchased my 13-inch MacBook Pro in April 2010 and my original charger can no longer be used. What is the best charger to buy for this computer?
More Information About My MacBook Pro:
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,5
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
I am unsure if I should purchase one of the new 45W, 60W, or 80W MagSafe Power Adapters for my computer. Any help/advice would greatly be appreciated.
1 Answer from the Community
I have the exact same computer and my charger died eventually as well. The recommended replacement charger to buy is the 60W MagSafe Power Adapter. This should be the same as the one that came with your computer. To verify, you can look at the printing on the bulk part of your charger. Keep in mind too that an 80W charger would work as well, but a 45W charger is not recommended.
Hope this helps.
- Answered by Curtis M from Austin
- Flag as inappropriate Answer 1
can i use for my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010)
- Asked by Ryan G
- 12 21, 14
- Flag as inappropriate (can i use for my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010))
- Asked about: Apple Memory Module 8GB 1600MHz DDR…
I've got a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) I'm in need of the Aus charger fit/plug-in accessory. Is this it and compatible with my model and charger?
- Asked by Wilmie S
- 09 21, 15
- Flag as inappropriate (I've got a MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2009) I'm in need of the Aus charger fit/plug-in accessory. Is this it and compatible with my model and charger?)
- Asked about: Apple World Travel Adapter Kit